My Favorite Books

  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
  • Perfect Timing by Brenda Jackson
  • The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborrelli
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • The entire Harry Potter Series
  • The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
  • Dying for Revenge by Eric Jerome Dickey
  • What Happened to Lani Garver by Carol Plum-Ucci
  • Midnight by Sista Souljah

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hey. . .Chicken Little Said This Would Happen

I have the absolute best luck in the world. Can you feel the sarcasm oozing through the screen? To be serious about the situation though, my life is a joke. Through and through I keep coming out the loser, in every situation I'm forced to go through. But you know what, I take my L's with a big smile on my face. From my 21 years of life, I've learned that everything happens for a reason. Even in the moment where you are the happiest and you think nothing can ever possibly go wrong, there is a lesson to be learned. So yeah, every time I turn around, life is knocking me down to my knees, but I refuse to crumble so easily. These shoulders have carried the many heartbreaks of a hopeless romantic; the deaths of loved ones, and the failures of a girl who's learned how to do the shit with style; so sorry life, but you won't be claiming me as one of the lost souls. You can throw every curveball you have. Tear down every bridge I've built to connect with the people closest to me. Take away the things that matter the most and I will still be standing here. I ain't leaving until I my heart stops. And you can bet that when the smoke clears and I've finally succeeded, I'll stand tall (in my stilettos) and tell all of you who left me hanging in the balance to suck on something unhealthy and have a nice life.

No comments:

Post a Comment