My Favorite Books

  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
  • Perfect Timing by Brenda Jackson
  • The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborrelli
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • The entire Harry Potter Series
  • The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
  • Dying for Revenge by Eric Jerome Dickey
  • What Happened to Lani Garver by Carol Plum-Ucci
  • Midnight by Sista Souljah

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Smile


This is a new poem I started a few months ago and just found the gall to finish today! Yay me, lol! Tell me what you think :)

I’ve forgotten how to smile
So much more accustomed to frowning now
A smile… would seem displaced
On this face
So allow me to magically erase
The fake one I’ve been walking around with
I used to smile all of the time
Until the complexity of life robbed me of my joy
Stole my sunshine
Hovered like a big cloud and let loose its massive raindrops
Washing away my entire will to live
The going got tough
And fear turned my heart weak
Sadness became my closest friend
Making it my most dangerous enemy
So the tears flowed freely
Down onto the frown that now creases my mouth
Because I’ve forgotten how to smile
But I never once forgot what it was like to shine

No comments:

Post a Comment