My Favorite Books

  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
  • Perfect Timing by Brenda Jackson
  • The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborrelli
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • The entire Harry Potter Series
  • The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
  • Dying for Revenge by Eric Jerome Dickey
  • What Happened to Lani Garver by Carol Plum-Ucci
  • Midnight by Sista Souljah

Monday, May 24, 2010

Therapy 2007





This is a poem I wrote for me and a friend--- maybe it can help you pull through if you've been through something similar




These words are meant to inspire
When the tears at night aren’t doing their job,
And you can’t seem to hold yourself tight enough,
Turn to these words.
Wrapped in care,
Spoken with genuine love,
I just want these words to take care of you
Uplift that beautiful soul and put a smile on your face
Because I’m tired of seeing you cry.
It’s not much,
But its what kept me alive
When that emotional shit was eating me up inside
And all I really wanted to do was die
Yeah, the prospect was looking more inviting ever day.

First and foremost,
Know that you are beautiful
And no one is more important to you than you
Men can’t handle it
And girls who hate it call you a bitch
But
They don’t matter when you’re in a relationship with yourself
Loving you as much as you deserve
And I know its some dudes with a lot of nerve
Some who have made you compromise your purity and beauty
To be treated as something beneath a boy
Who doesn’t have the balls to feel like a man
Without taking something that doesn’t belong to him.
He may have gotten away with raping your physical
But never let that sick sucka think he got away with your soul
It’s the only thing that’s keeping you whole
And truth be told…
His sorry ass aint worth the tears.
Never give up on dreaming or living your life because of your fears
Don’t doubt your self-worth because somebody failed to see you
For the diamond in the rough that you really are
Take a look in the mirror to make sure you see yourself
For the special person you are
Don’t hold on to that hate in your heart
Realize forgiveness is the greatest place to start
If you don’t know how that goes,
just follow my example:

Dear Mr. Man who raped ME:

You probably thought you had me fooled
And you definitely didn’t think you’d be hearing from me so soon
Especially with this smile on my face
I came to terms with what you took away
But from that experience I gained so much more
Then whatever the hell you were going for
I’ve realized that I’m worthy of real love
Which will always be given from the man above
And if you can’t learn to respect me as a woman
Then be prepared to lose your rights as a human
Because I will no longer be silent.

I don’t hate you
And I don’t want to kill you
Though you deserve nothing less
Than the best
Cracking down on yo skull
With weighty boots…
But I got something better…
I forgive you…

Sincerely,
God’s Child

No comments:

Post a Comment